An opinion from Chile

Thomas Kruse tkruse at albatros.cnb.net
Wed Nov 4 15:33:32 PST 1998

Dear list-ers:

Unsettled a bit "emilio"'s posts on the ethics of stirring up trouble in Chile from our safe email havens, I forwarded bits of the converstaion to friends in Chile. One friend's response was:

>En concreto, la mierda se está revolviendo, es importante hacerlo con vigor,
>aunque sea Chile el que ponga los muertos. Debemos vivir nuestras vidas
>para que se haga justicia y no exista miseria y sufrimiento en esta tierra.
>Con cariño y amor.

Translation:

"Concretelty, the shit is being stirred up, and it is mportant to do it vigorously, even though it's Chile that puts up the casualties/dead. We must live our lives such that justice be done and that there not exist misery and suffereing on this earth. With kindness and love."

A note: this friend knows Pinochet's jails from the inside.

Tom