Jesse The Balmy Wins in Minnesota

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Wed Nov 4 19:56:35 PST 1998

Mathew Forstater wrote:

> What I have not seen mentioned anywhere is that Minnesota is HUGE pro
> wrestling country. (Remember Husker Du?)

Which is, like, just one reason he had a HUGE jump on any progressive activist who might want to try the same thing -- or be used counterfactually to denigrate the left.

> Mathew Forstater, former APW (amateur pro wrestling!) manager--including the
> Ginsu Warrior and the Human Sponge--"Tri-State Wrestling Federation"
> (matches between sets at hardcore punk shows, Philadelphia, early 1980s).

And Wellstone wrestled in college. Just too short and nerdy-looking to turn pro, I guess.

With Dornan out by a landslide, perhaps this means we're really in a new era -- bye bye boxing, hello wrestlemania.

Any others you know about, Mathew?

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"