Pataki/Schumer victories

James Baird jlbaird3 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:51:00 PST 1998

Quite to the contrary, it is Schumer who will be
>playing the role of D'Amato to the state's Democratic
>party, perhaps setting the stage for statewide
>Democratic gains in the next election.

Great essay, Greg. How come the networks don't hire you to make pithy superficial political observations? ;-)

This part did make me wonder, though: what is the position of Pat "I am a booze-swilling racist blowhard" Moynihan in NYS politics? I remember when I lived in NYC, and Pat was running for reelection, it was tough for me to remember he was a senator from _New York_ - he just doesn't seem interested in state issues. (At least D'Amato, whatever his faults, was most emphatically the senator from Nu Yawk. I for one will miss the little troll (a bit) - at least when you bought him, he stayed bought.)

Jim Baird