Plots and Complots

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Nov 5 03:43:21 PST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Brad De Long wrote:

> May I suggest that the
> necessary steps be taken immediately to complete the turning of Dani
> Rodrik? His recent _New Republic_ article shows great promise.

Always good to hear from the Farm System. The consensus remains that our SocDem program has proven a more cost-effective tool of social control than the Ameribubble. Certain Councilmembers continue to express unhappiness with the slow rate of structural change in the Northamerican zone, which for the time being must be subsidized, as we know, by Council resources.

> There is more news about the rate of surplus value. Our technoexploitation
> working group has estimated that a further 5% of value can be transformed
> into surplus as a result of improving scanner, camera, and data processing
> technologies.

Excellent. RDSA has been designated as the prime recipient of the consequent appropriations. Also, may we extend our congratulations on the successful billg court appearance. There was a certain concern that billg would fail to be suspiciously nerdy enough to earn him the hostility of the public. The operation shows great promise indeed.

-- the Directorate of European National Networks and Internal Security