Jesse The Balmy Wins in Minnesota

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Thu Nov 5 07:14:22 PST 1998

On Wed, November 4, 1998 at 13:59:21 (-0600) Steve Perry writes:

> .... After listening to his show for a couple of weeks,
>she rejected the job as impossible--he was just too dense. ...

I heard him interviewed on TV and he didn't seem too dense.

> .... One
>interesting dimension: A very large share of Ventura's vote seems to
>have come from young people who never voted before and used him as an
>opportunity to cast an absurdist--there's really no other word--vote
>against the system.

While I was attending school here in Austin at the University of Texas, they had a vote for Student President. Somebody decided to have a cartoon character from the "Eyebeam" comic strip (drawn by Sam Hurt) run for the position. Not only that, this particular character was a hallucination ("Hank the Hallucination" I think) that regularly visited one of the other characters.

Guess who won?

Bill