FWD: Re: J. O'Connor on Chomsky

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 5 09:23:13 PST 1998

James Baird wrote:

"Once again we're reduced to a game of "Chomsky said this!" "No, he didn't!" Isn't it amazing how a reedy little intellectual, about as uncharasmatic as they come, can inspire such vitriol?"

Sorry, I didn't mean my post to be vitriol. I am among those who view Chomsky as a national treasure, regardless of his fundamental beliefs or his various errors. (Who doesn't make big errors?) And I find the remainder of Jim's post usefully informative.

My main point (and perhaps I shouldn't have added to it as I did) was that dragging "pomos" into the debate over human nature was ridiculous.

Carrol