Jesse The Balmy Wins in Minnesota

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Nov 5 11:49:49 PST 1998

> Whether or not "The Body" is a libertarian or not depends on how you
> interpret the word. If you mean Libertarian Party (capital-L libertarian,
> aka anti-government), no doubt Max is correct. But if you mean
> someone who believes in personal liberty (a la John Stuart Mill, in a
broad sense, a small-l libertarian), then he may fit the bill after all.>

The latter seems like much too much of an expansive definition of libertarian. Few people would shrink from a support of "liberty." To me libertarian, large or small L, has always meant a disbelief in a need for any but a minimal state.

mbs