Chomsky

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Thu Nov 5 16:25:11 PST 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>
> > I do think that much that passes under the name of Postmodernism is
> > ridiculous
>
> What exactly you have in mind?
>
> Doug

Last year I found a book by Deleuze and Guattari entitled "Anti-Oedipus" which was very entertaining to read standing in the aisle at the used book store, so I bought it. I took it home, opened it up in the middle, and stumbled on the illustration I have attached to this eMail. I hurt myself laughing, and copied the diagram out of the book; there's a handsome copy hanging on the wall in my office, which elicits the strangest looks from visitors. I haven't finished reading "Anti-Oedipus," I'm kind of afraid to tackle that chapter.

Now I happen to enjoy stuff like this, but some people find it painfully annoying, just as some people love to listen to the grand opera and others clamp their hands over their ears and moan. At any rate, maybe this illustration is kind of what C. G. Estabrook had in mind.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: deleuze.gif Type: image/gif Size: 9209 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/19981105/ecfa0661/attachment.gif>