Ventura

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Nov 6 07:49:04 PST 1998

The story of Robert Scheer sounds like a less extreme form of Sidney Blumenthal's story. Blumenthal as a local journalist for the alternative press in Boston back in the 1970s (writing for The Boston Phoenix and The Real Paper) used to write Marxist-oriented screeds on subjects like imperialism. He eventually graduated to writing for publications like The New Republic where he developed a well-earned reputation as a Clinton suck-up. For his efforts he was eventually rewarded with a job in the Clinton White House along with the opportunity to sue Matt Drudge for slander.

Jim Farmelant

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]