controversy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 7 12:22:03 PST 1998

Chris Burford wrote:

>One of Louis's methods is to try to control the content of a list by
>demonstrating his ability by hostile posts to drive certain individuals off
>a list. The target is actually the list as a whole, rather than the
>individual.

Oh, I think that's just a bit overstated, Chris. Lou can be rough, but he's never dumb or witless, and there's always a political point to what he writes. You each embody for the other a set of exasperating opinions, and your fights are about real issues. I set this list up so that people who don't normally talk to each other might do so without descending into flamewar, and I think it's more or less worked that way so far. Does anyone disagree?

Doug