Why the Left Crys even When We Win (Re: Gingrich falls

Sun Nov 8 06:44:48 PST 1998

We actually had more than 6 Republican senators ready and willing to close off debate on striker replacement. But we weren't able to hold the Democrats--it wasn't a high enough priority for Clinton, and he wasn't willing to horsetrade for votes...

Brad DeLong