ITT on Third Way

uswatl at ibm.net uswatl at ibm.net
Mon Nov 9 14:17:09 PST 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

I subscribe to ITT too. I have been taking ITT since they started out in late 1970's. Over the years ITT has gone through a lot of changes. Mostly for the good. Sometimes they take a dense editorial position; like their original position on social security with the O'Shea afterglow. Then some of their readers remind them about the real world and ITT rethinks its position. My wife calls ITT, "In These Times...out of this world...your other magazine."

As far as this third way stuff goes, it does sound like foundation hustlers on the make. But, to paraphrase a former governor of Maryland, some of my best friends are foundation hustlers.( As in some of my best friends are __________)

Btw Doug, when is the next issue of the Baffler coming out? I have abook I'd like to see them review called the 48 Laws of Power.

Sincerely, Tom L.