Wal-Mart and the Strip-Mining of America

Mike Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 9 20:13:50 PST 1998

Friends,

Yes it was Charles Kernaghan of the Nat'l Labor Committee on C-span last night. He gave a good talk at St. Michael's college, in Minnesota I believe. He said that companies in Central America actually give their women and children workers doses of amphetamines each day so that they can stay awake during their interminably long days. He also talked about the terrible conditions of garment workers in China, kept in virtual slavery. His group wants Walmart to provide the names and addrresses of their contractors, but the company will not do it. He urges us to write to WalMart urging it to do so.

michael yates