IMF and Progressives

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 14 07:22:30 PST 1998

Patrick Bond wrote:

>I don't see
>progressives achieving a global consensus on how to clean up the
>int'l financial system (Doug failed to give us even a roadmap in his
>book focusing instead on the US policy arena)

Hey, I had a hard enough time coming up with something for the U.S. As for remaking the world, I just have no damn idea. I thought you were handling that, Patrick!

Actually, I think the best way to start a remaking would be for troublemakers to take over the governments of some of the larger "Third World" states, form a debtors' cartel, disengage from the international trading system, and just generally tell the imperialists to take a hike. Utopian, I know....

Doug