Buddhism

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Sat Nov 14 16:28:12 PST 1998

I was raised Unitarian in the orbit of the Bay Area, and so encountered Buddhism at an early age. I think our Buddhist, Christian, went very much to the heart of the matter.

I've got considerable respect for bare-bones Buddhism, particularly when, as seems the case with Christian's teacher, there's an emphasis on the Bodhisatvah's vow, which recognizes individual salvation only in universal salvation.

Since the Unitarians were by then part of the Unitarian/Universalist association, it seemed to me as a kid of 8 or 9 that I was just getting accquainted with the Asian branch.

And, of course, my Unitarian fellowship was full of jewish lefties, too.

Plus, the idea of "Right Livelihood" sure has anything I've heard of capitalist economics beat by a country mile, that's fur sure.

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"