Who got the pomo

uswatl at ibm.net uswatl at ibm.net
Sun Nov 15 17:11:22 PST 1998

Dear LBOers,

The first time I ran across the term pomo was in a story by Katha Politt in the Nation. I couldn't figure out what it meant. I looked it up in the dictionary and I found that there was an extinct tribe of indians in California named the Pomo. Well this just didn't fit with the rest of Katha's story. So upon further reading and research I found out that pomo was a contraction for the term post modern.

Not too long after that the Social Text hoax hit the news. All sorts of people were hot and bothered because Stan"the man"Arnowitz skipper of Social Text had been gotten over on. Stan who seems to be the Casey Stengel of social theory had been bambozzeled by a couple of minor leaguers. Much to the chagrin of big league social theorists everywhere. Peanuts, popcorn, cold beer!

Sincerely, Tom L.