Cockburn on Slavery

K d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 16 09:32:24 PST 1998

I'd call this 'feeling good' about Blackness stuff bordering on exoticization of the Other.

I'd call it fertile soil for further commodification. (as if the culture industries need any help in this regard)

I'd also call it completely blind to any sort of critical examination of where this 'blackness' comes from which is rancourous, acrimonious debate to be sure.

I'd also call it dangerous. What of Mexicano Chicano Puerto Rican Fillipino Chinese Aleutian Korean Panamanian Samoan Brazilian Etc. Dot dot dot. You get the picture.

SnitgrrRl