Cockburn on Slavery. Freedom !

K d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 16 15:05:47 PST 1998

Charles wrote:

>Something is wrong with your theory that
>you would jump to the conclusion that
>a pro-Black position has any conflict
>with a pro-Mexican/Chicana, pro-world
>wide national liberation perspective
>against especially Gringoism.

Firstly, you keep throwing out the bait and I'm not biting. That is, I'm not particularly interested in a game of I've got a bigger hard on for Marx than you. Smile Charles.

As for the quoted from you above: Well Charles, why would I know? I'd think that you might want to clarify things a bit. Saying only that whites ought to become Black is to turn the whole issue into a Black/white issue, as if there is nothing else. Should Mexicanos become Black? How about Chinese? Chinese folks can be pretty racist at times, no?

BTW, I've lost the originals, was it you that said DuBois reminded us that Blacks have two souls. Wasn't it that they had one but it was divided against itself. HE was drawing on his Hegelian/Germanic phd training, no?

Accusing me being unfairly presumption by assuming that you were speaking only of Black Culture and History and not of the Culture and History of any other ethnic group/nationality, when in fact you did not speak of anything else but Black Culture and History is ummm weird.

I don't know what your problem with the word dangerous is. Perhaps you're investing it with some meaning that I'm unaware of. Yeah, I think if academics sit around teaching about Black Culture and History in superficial ways, that's different and much more dangerous than what you're advocating. I believe I said that already. Theirs is white guilt. Thheirs is lip service. That's dangerous. Pretending as if it doesn't exist can be a problem. No you aren't dangerous, but I don't think you won't disagree that the mix and stir approach--multiculturalism--is dangerous: it lets people think they've accomplished something when they haven't accomplished a thing.

>As a matter a fact, my grandfather
>told me I am at least one/sixteenth
>Indian.

But what has this to do with anything? Why is this important?

SnitgrrRl