Review of Sokal & Bricmonts' _FASHIONABLE NONSENSE_ in NY Times Book Review

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 19 14:06:23 PST 1998

To K:

I don't know whether my having allowed myself to be an open target of attacks has had some cleansing effect on the style of your new postings, but I welcome the apparent turn in approach that no longer makes other subscribers feel like they are eavesdropping on some private verbal fencing. My apologies for having caused all that unnecessary and distractive heat and I ask for forbearance from all for the length of my postings, the only excuse for which rests with the complexity of the topics. Also, I realise that the subject of Buddhism does not enjoy universal attention, but I had intended to use Buddhism merely as a specific vehicle for discussing the socio-economic-political and cultural roots of religions in general. With friendly greetings,

Henry C.K. Liu