INTEROFFICE MEMO From: Al From

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Nov 20 05:37:53 PST 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

This was in yesterday's mail. It came in a brown inter-office mailing envelope with Bill Clinton and Al Gores' names crossed out and mine handwritten in.

Here are some excerpts from the memo and other stuff in the envelope.

The Democratic Leadership Council Interoffice Memo From: Al From

Your name is now on one of the most powerful mailing lists in the world. And I'm writing you today to tell you how to stay on this list.

I'm Al From, the president of the Democratic Leadership Council, home of the "New Democrats." The DLC develops and promotes policy ideas. We shape political strategies. We have a highly-experienced affiliated think tank and a network of elected Democrats, party and civic leaders and policy entrepreneurs across the country.

"policy entrepreneurs", I love it. Is Al From talking about numbers writers or someone who is pimping policy to make a buck. I've got to add policy entrepreneurs to my vocabulary.

Our views are never stale partisan rallying cries. Nah! Their just plain old stale.

And to make you an official "insider," you'll receive a personal invitation to an annual conference in Washington. Here we discuss and set the agenda for the upcoming year. It's a tremendous opportunity to make invaluable contacts and new friendships. Oh boy! I get to become an official "insider". And I get to make invaluable contacts and new friendships to help with my career as a policy entrepreneur.(it's a French word).

And welcome to the club!

Best,

Al

Then there is this little tid-bit... Entitlements This issue will examine how the social safety net-conceived in the Industrial Age- will need to be transformed as more Americans change the way they work and live. A money making opportunity for policy entrepreneurs no doubt!!!

Flushed with pride,

Tom L.