Teeny tiny small point (Re: Singer)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat Nov 21 09:33:57 PST 1998

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 JKSCHW at aol.com wrote: ((SNIP))
> Probably common enough when it happens, but birth defects are rare. Also,
> some, particularly neurological ones like Down's don't show up till after it's
> too late for infanticide,
((SNIP))

Actually, Down's is genetic, and it does show up before birth. Not as Down's but as a genetic defect. I've also seen alot of babies with Down's, and they look "Down'sy"-before it's "too late for infanticide."

Has anyone seen the new Benetton ads? A few years ago they did they ad with the guy who was just about to die of AIDS. Now they've got a 2 page color ad of a laughing child with Down's, and another of a child who looks like s/he might have CP, cradled in the arms of a woman.

frances