Singer

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 22:48:40 PST 1998

<< The Supreme Court in fact rejected a

> constitutional right to die that had been urged by the 9th Circuit. I'd support

> such a right myself.

You are mistaken, the Supreme Court did not rule. It simply did not say that

people have a constitutional right to physician assisted suicide. It deferred

the assisted suicide decisions to the states - that is why the Oregon assisted

suicide law is lega >>

That's what it _means_ to say that there is no _constitutional_ right to die. I've been mistaken about propositions of law and will be again, but I'm right on this one.

--jks