REIT

James Baird jlbaird3 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:21:39 PST 1998

>Today, there is a new item that the FEd is printing US$40 billion as a
>contingency fund for a Y2K banking foul up on bank accounts. What do
>you think is the real reason for the new cash?

I think they're tellin the truth here. Whatever happens with Y2K (and even though I'm working at a brokerage on Y2K testing, I'm not really sure), media hype leading up to it is bound to cause a flurry of cash withdrawels. The Fed is just trying to prevent healthy paranoia from becoming a run on the banks.

Jim Baird