Hybrid Marxism (1)

Mon Nov 23 10:08:42 PST 1998

Herbert Aptheker replies to Beard in _The Early Years of the Republic_

Actually, standard Marxism is "better".

Charles Brown

>>> Carl Remick <cremick at rlmnet.com> 11/23 12:05 PM >>>
Re Charles': "So, I would say the 'standard' Marxist answer is that the Am. Rev. was a truly great rev."

So much the worse for "standard" Marxism. The more I look at the American Revolution, the less impressed I am. Doesn't anyone remember Charles A. Beard's An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution (1913), which presented a strong argument that the Constitution was drafted by a basically self-serving elite?

Carl Remick