Tree Shredders

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Tue Nov 24 07:38:08 PST 1998

Dear LBOers,

Most of my pals own big shredders. Some even have the kind that require a power take off from a tractor. It's the old story the bigger the boys the bigger the toys. I don't own one because the gentleman farmer(mortgage banker) who lives up behind me does my disposal for me. I do have a Yard-Man mulching mower that chews up what I don't dump over in my neighbor's park.

Sear's has a small electric powered shredder that looks ok to me. I would have the Sear's manager guarantee it before I tried it out---I don't believe in this extended warranty crap---if it doesn't meet your needs Sears is getting it back. Also be sure and unplug it before you go sticking your hand in it or around it. Wear safety glasses and no loose clothing around these things.

My neighbor Rod the gentleman farmer has an 8 wheel go anywhere John Deere garden truck. He even let me drive it.

Sincerely, Tom L.