Abuse of power

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Nov 30 07:10:54 PST 1998

> No it's not about class struggle - the bourgeoisie only have Brad & Max
> here! It's about maintaining a social/discursive space. Lou & I have
> watched a lot of "Marxism" mailing lists spin out of control. No
> more about
> this.

And a happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Them revolutionaries. Talk about freedom but when they get the power, all of a sudden they claim dominion over 'social/discursive space.'

But it's true I've been deployed by B.C. (Bourgeoisie Central) to monitor the dangerous activities of members of this list. We were especially dismayed to see the inauguration of new Marxism mailing lists (new lists, not new Marxism, that is) where incendiary thoughts are born and pulse through the very circulatory system of cybernetic capitalism.

My primary technique for disrupting these ominous developments is to introduce facts and logic into the stream of insurrectionist hoo-ha. That seems to slow things down a good bit. My secret technique is to assume ultra-left positions through the guise of my covert alter-ego, Louis Proyect, which attack genuine reformist threats to existing arrangements and lure innocent folks to futile fantasies of indigenous peoples with laptops toppling the Big Cigars.

"MBS"