1999 IWGVT mini-conference: papers received and final deadlines

Andrew Kliman Andrew_Kliman at email.msn.com
Mon Nov 30 07:35:42 PST 1998

[APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTS; THIS HAS BEEN SENT TO SEVERAL LISTS AND TO MEMBERS OF THE ECON-VALUE LIST, WHICH IS USED FOR IWGVT ANNOUNCEMENTS. SUBSEQUENT POSTS EXCEPT FOR THE FINAL SESSION LIST WILL BE SENT TO ECON-VALUE ONLY. SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST IF YOU WISH TO BE KEPT INFORMED OF DEVELOPMENTS]

Dear colleague

Thanks to all for a superb response to the call for papers for the March 1999 mini-conference on value theory, at the EEA annual conference in the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, March 12th-14th 1999.

We have a total of 32 papers received, and two offers of late submission are under consideration.

PLEASE CHECK:

IF YOU HAVE SENT A PAPER AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A (SEPARATE) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, THIS MEANS WE EITHER DON'T HAVE YOUR CORRECT E-MAIL OR WE DIDN'T GET YOUR PAPER. IN EITHER CASE, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.

Late submissions ================

Because of a number of requests for late submission from contributors unaware of the early deadline this time around, and because the deadline was moved forward this year, we have agreed an extended final deadline of DECEMBER 7th for late submissions. However, because we cannot turn round reviewers' comments in this time, authors of late submissions must themselves ensure compliance with IWGVT scholarship guidelines.

Conference participation ========================

Several people have written saying they don't have a paper and asking if they can still come. Of course! But you don't have to pay a submission fee (to us). Apply direct to the EEA, come to the Boston conference, and come to the IWGVT sessions.

Discussants and discussion ==========================

With the papers ready well in advance, we want to place a premium on discussion. If you are interested in serving as a discussant please let us know; if you would like to comment on one or more of the papers, we will do our best to get your contributions circulated. We hope to get this process under way as soon as we've put the new papers up to the website.

The call for papers and, when posted, the conference papers, can be found on the IWGVT website:

www.greenwich.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt

Alan Freeman Andrew Kliman

Co-organisers