Abuse of power

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 15:20:59 PST 1998

In message <l03130302b288a688ea4e@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>James, don't you think there's something just a teensy bit fucked about
>Americans lining up at 6 AM - and in some places 1 AM - the morning after
>Thanksgiving to buy Furbys (Furby's? Furbies?)?

No, Doug. I honestly don't. What's odd - dare I say - is that you are so alienated from your fellow citizens. What's odd is that Friends of the Earth should organise a propaganda campaign against children's toys.

Weren't you ever young? Or, haven't you ever hunted down a prized gift for a child? I know I have.

People enjoy shopping. It's not so terrible. Where's the harm in it? -- Jim heartfield