Chesnais: Excess Capital, Waste and Crash

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 1 17:02:38 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood:

>Banglad 24%*
(clip)

Doug, these figures are utterly meaningless. If all you know about Bangladesh is that it "grew" by 24%, then you should not even bother to discuss third world countries. This is the kind of crap you'd get from bourgeois ideologues. If I were you, I'd go spend a month in Bangladesh and then come back and take a position that this 24% has any positive meaning whatsoever. If you spent 1/10th of your time and energy analyzing concrete class relations in a place like Bangladesh as you do studying the entrails of bond yields, you'd be a much better Marxist.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)