question

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 2 06:52:23 PDT 1998

I would ask this on the Marxism list. There are a number of Brazilians who lurk there. I suspect that the Workers Party is stuck on the horns of a dilemma. It is too much of an electoral formation to ever challenge capitalist rule, and is also too radical to win electorally. It is roughly in the same position as the Cardenas party in Mexico, which is left-wing but not revolutionary.

At 09:27 AM 10/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Those of you who think that global deflation will be a political
>opportunity for the left - why is Lula almost certain to lose badly in
>Brazil's election this Sunday?
>
>Doug

Louis Proyect