It Ain't Easy Bein Green

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Oct 2 07:10:36 PDT 1998

Dear Chuck,

It ain't easy. Going out and knocking on doors is hard work. Your knucles get sore, dogs bark at you, people look at you like your from outer space etc.etc. There is one really good thing about this. People have actually seen you. You are not a cartoon TV character. You are a real person they have met. Work this to your advantage. Ask people how do they know that the goof and the newtette are real. Maybe they are just TV cartoons? Most people you will meet have never seen the goof or the newtette in person. Work this to your advantage.

Door hangers are effective and inexpensive. Keep the message on them simple; remind people to vote. Use them as part of your get out the vote drive on election day and the critical days just prior to the election. Once again use a union printer.

Be positive. I'm sure you can write press releases and get endorsements from all kinds of humble people with strong credentials.

Sincerely, Tom Lehman