Social and Economic Well-Being by Race and Hispanic Origin

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Mon Oct 5 06:18:00 PDT 1998

Doug, thanks for the post. From what I have seen of the research on socioeconomic status and health (including violence-related morbidity and mortality), the race/ethnicity dimension of health disappears as a statistically significant relationship once SES is controlled for. So a report on the social and economic well-being by social class would have been much more accurate. Of course, I am preaching to the congregation here.

Jeff