fwd: Another Nazi Myth Bites the Dust

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 08:06:17 PDT 1998

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

>Maybe I am missing something. How does saying that Hitler's civilian jobs
>program was fairly successful, in anyway justify the reprehensible actions
>of the Nazis. I have read the book. Neither the author nor Lynn showed
>any great love for the Nazis.

Fascism can tolerate full employment because of the repression of labor (not to mention racial and sexual minorities, etc.). You can't just look at the full employment policies in isolation, as Lynn did, and I assume the author of the book did. And you sure concede some credibility to the Hayekian critique of Keynesianism by ignoring this little fact.

Doug