Monthly Review Press

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 17:08:24 PDT 1998

Michael Cohen wrote:

>Just to aid the cause of a few weeks ago I decided to send Monthly
>Reviews
>$100.00 contribution. I would have to see such a substantial and
>interesting historic Journal go under. I haven't read it over the
>years
>but I enjoyed David McNally's article.

Speaking of which, MR really needs the money to keep the press going. If they don't raise $150,000, the press (not the journal) will probably not survive 1999. A bit of good news - subs to the magazine are rising again for the first time since the peak year of 1997. But no $150k, no press. Send $ to Monthly Review Foundation, 122 W 27 St - 10th floor, NY NY 10001.

Doug