Labor and the IMF

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 6 20:00:50 PDT 1998

Michael Cohen wrote:

>Does Labor in the US have enough clout to call for the resignation of
>Fischer at the IMF. Getting rid of the American Leadership would
>be the best first step outside Japanese involvment in improving the
>situation.

The AFL-CIO is completely behind the IMF; they'd never lobby for Fischer's dismissal. I'm sure this disturbs lots of the honorable people who work there, but that's the leadership's position. I also read in today's WSJ that the AFL-CIO will work with business to defeat the Kyoto global warming treaty.

Doug