MR and tax deductibility

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Wed Oct 7 16:06:25 PDT 1998

I'm way over my daily limit, but there are days I don't put anything up at all.

I was asked off-line why a cancelled check isn't good enough as a receipt. The answer is that some two or three years ago the IRS decided a receipt was needed. People who don't know that should try to obtain receipts in the future. The only reason I know this is I buy the annual tax guide for college teachers.

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298