painful threads

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 9 11:18:16 PDT 1998

>Keynes' explicit association with
>bourgeois democracy does not look
>so bad compared with Marx's, in the
>sense that Marx seems either non-committal,
>vague, or naive about the political
>implications of "proletarian dictatorship."

Aiy...Thar is the rruub, Captain Max.

>Greg Nowell wrote:
>
>> First, in the last great
>> capitalist war, against Iraq, the capital destruction

I really think the other side should have weapons before we call it a war. But Louis's comment reminded me to wonder if Vietnam wasn't truly a capitalist war. That would make more sense than other explainations.

"Yes child, conspiracy theories really do come true." (tuck-tuck)

/check out the Economist Joke page @ http://netec.wustl.edu/JokEc/index.html

"Economics is the only field where two people can share the Nobel Prize for saying the opposite thing." Or something like that. Some day, I too, will learn how to make the URL blue. But not today as sitting at this screen is crippling me. (Say, didn't the Rev. Gary Davis write a song about this?)

>In fact, the BOJ has been lending out its foreign currency
>reserves to Japanese banks directly.
>

> peace

>Date: Thu, 8 Oct 98 3:43:25 EDT
>From: boddhisatva <kbevans at panix.com>

I too read this about BOJ lending banks their US Treasuries, and I still wonder just how odd and significant this is. Haven't seen anything else about it, though.

Beam me up. Please. Paula