Kroker

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 12 13:28:41 PDT 1998

Ok, so who is Arthur Kroker? I just bought a book on the street by him & Michael Weinstein called Data Trash: The Theory of the Virtual Class ("smelling the virtual flowers and counting the road-kill on the digital superhighway"). It comes with blurbs from Mondo 2000, The Observer (London), and Stanley "Kiss of Death" Aronowitz ("Arthur Kroker is our remorseless Adorno" - does that mean *anything*?).

This looks like the "radical" version of Greenspan & Gilder's weightless economy.

Doug