Jeez,...

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Mon Oct 12 15:18:13 PDT 1998

I saw a post about s.o. living in China electing to pay $5/mo rather than have ads on his page because s.o. on this list couldn't put up with the ads. $5/mo can be pretty steep for s.o. in the PRC. Maybe not this person, but there are two billion people in the world living on less than $2/day, a lot of them in the PRC, and it would seem to me we ought to cut a PRC person a bit of slack. Even if he's making more than $2/day, it could be much more of an imposition than it would be to the typical on-line American. -gn

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298