Stats query

rayrena rayrena at accesshub.net
Tue Oct 13 16:49:37 PDT 1998

Hello all,

Maybe I am out of mind for thinking such a thing exists, but I'm going to ask anyway: I am writing an article about the railroad strikes of 1877 and I want some statistics for the piece. Mainly what I want to know is if there are anything like unemployment or real-wage numbers for that period, and if so where--on the Net or the real world--I could find them. So far I have looked at the LBO and BLS sites and haven't managed to find anything. Are they there and I just didn't look hard enough?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Eric Beck