enough = enough?

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 13 23:14:31 PDT 1998

At 11:51 PM 10/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:
>
>>I suspect that Monica et al is doing us a favor. By distracting Congress,
>>they are doing less damage. Also, since Clinton's only support is from
>>the liberals, he is behaving a bit more like a liberal.
>
>I have very mixed feelings about this. I hate Clinton, hate hate hate, but
>persecuting a guy for a blow job is a very bad precedent. The people behind
>it are horrid snoops & social disciplinarians.
>
>Doug

I see from yesterday's International Herald Tribune (London) that Republicans and Congress as a whole are losing support in an opinion poll run by the Washington Post. Although the changes were modest they were across a series of questions.

It sounds as if the Conservative Right has become more entrenched, but are losing middle ground. I was interested that Clinton felt able to come out to condemn the fatal assault on the gay student in Wyoming. The tone of response to an incident like this may be more important than single decisions by any politician.

Chris Burford

London.