Evolution of FED thinking--humor

Wed Oct 14 05:59:26 PDT 1998

>Well, see, this is the new
>electronic age and the Fed is directly tied into the entire city,
>state, and federal armed police grid, so us greasy prols might get in,
>but we won't get out--alive. I got the impression that everything from
>tear gas to F-16's could be deployed in less than half an hour. Well,
>provided the modems worked (ha, ha).

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is supposed to be much more so. You see, many countries keep their gold reserves in the FRBNY basement (a habit that they started back around WWII). When one country wants to sell gold to another, they are supposed to send a forklift into the basement to pick up the bars from one pile and move them to another...