Fed cuts rates; crisis over?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Oct 15 13:38:52 PDT 1998

Re Doug's: "a lot of rhetoric of recent months about the system flying apart, including my own, is looking a bit overheated right now."

It's hard to see how a quarter-point rate reduction and one 330-point Dow orgasm can negate and reverse the impact of the unprecedented, cascading global financial disasters of the past year. I think the cumulative psychological damage has been too great and the "will to wariness" will continue to tighten its grip on business and consumer thinking. But we shall, of course, see ...

Carl Remick