enough = enough?

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Thu Oct 15 15:01:14 PDT 1998

You know, a few weeks back I talked about the need to work with progressive Democrats. But this whole debacle, rather than hardening my resolve to beat back the forces of moral purity, has convinced me to send in my voter registration card and ask that my party affiliation be changed from "Democrat" to "None." Don't get me wrong, I don't want to throw in with Starr, and I certainly don't wish any specific harm on the President, but this Lewinsky thing just demonstrates the moral bankruptcy of both major parties. Fuck 'em. The idea that because liberals are supporting Clinton throughout this mess means that Clinton is going to veer left is absurd. Reminds me of all the talk in '96 that he'd show his "progressive" side once he was safely reelected. Hasn't happened, never will. I've decided that the best thing to do is to simply not take sides. Assuming the Republicans do maintain control of Congress after '98 and gain control of the White House after '00, will it really be that much different from what it's been? I don't want to sound like an infantile ultra-lefty, but maybe a predominantly Republican government will jolt the left out of it's current state of catanonia. Who knows?

Hoping that the Labor Party will start running candidates in 2000, Alex

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]