good news?

boddhisatva kbevans at panix.com
Sun Oct 18 01:24:50 PDT 1998

An open letter to Pinochet:

Dear Augusto,

Pleased to hear about your legal troubles, you murdering fascist. Glad to see you relaxing in your old age, preferably in a Spanish prison. Hope the grandkids can visit you and get arrested too. I guess it was sort of a surprise when you, a stalwart soldier of the cold war, suddenly found yourself being read your rights. You served the West well during your reign of terror, but that was then and this is now. When the New World Order throws a party they need a pinyata and it was just your turn. I guess when your boys went to the School of the Americas at Fort Benning, they never signed up for the class "Dictatorship 401: Retirement, Swiss money and Emigration." You didn't remember that you have to fold a losing hand, Augy, and now you're going to be a side show. Civil society needs bears to bait, and you made the mistake of coming out of the woods.

Welcome to the jungle.