AUT: Asian workers' struggles

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 18 12:09:57 PDT 1998

[Speaking of Asian labor...]

Date: 18 Oct 1998 20:23:00 +0100 From: bernhard at wildcat.rhein-neckar.de (be) To: aut-op-sy at lists.village.virginia.edu Subject: Re: AUT: Asian workers' struggles MIME-Version: 1.0 Sender: owner-aut-op-sy at lists.village.virginia.edu Precedence: bulk Reply-To: aut-op-sy at lists.village.virginia.edu

> As we have received various requests for the text of our chronology of Asian
> worker's struggles from Midnight Notes No. 12, here it is:

Fine, if there is some interest in class struggle in Asia. On this occasion I can invite all those, who can read a little bit German to visit our website http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~wildcat/aaktuell.html with a daily report on Asian class war.

And I want to remember, that you can actually help. A minority of the (mostly female) workers of the textile factory PT Tyfountex in Solo, Indonesia, are still on strike, since 3rd of August. If even a regular wage (about Rp150000, less then US$20 a month!) in Indonesia is not enough to make a living (it hardly buys enough food), the striking/locked-out colleages in Solo are struggling very hard to survive. Nevertheless, up to now, they don't think about giving up. Why should fighting workers go hungry - we can help with very little money (in our understanding!). And: with sending of a few bucks we can show, that Indonesian workers are not totally isolated.

Send money to: YULI EKO NUGROHO, SH No. 2112865412 Bank Niaga, Cabang Solo-Slamet Riyadi Indonesia Keyword: Tyfountex

See also our website.

Ciao, Bernhard bernhard at wildcat.rhein-neckar.de http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~wildcat/

--- from list aut-op-sy at lists.village.virginia.edu ---