PROCRASTINATEING

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 19 06:37:23 PDT 1998

>No it wouldn't. I noted in a previous post total
>U.S. health care costs are over $800 billion. If
>you rolled in all the medicare/medicaid money, you
>still might be short.
>
>Also, "$250b out of the Pentagon" would leave about $20b.
>
>MBS
>The Planet Earth

Who said a healthcare system had to be paid for like this. I don't know any people active in the single-payer movement who don't think the money currently spent on premiums wouldn't be involved. Plus, many of the 42 mil uninsured would also be contributeing.

I don't want the rich to pay for the welfare state, just their "fair" share. People need to think they "own" it, don't they. And let's build dorms for Congress so they can live in Washington cheaply on the new $25,000 stripend we give them.

Don't want to feed the folks today. but duty calls.

Paula

OBLIVION CAN SQUISH YOUR SOUL