GrrRl & Politically Purchasing Power

K d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 19 07:32:16 PDT 1998

Dear Mr Yates,

The point is pretty simple really: Denouncing a thread that you don't agree with because you don't think it a politically worthy cause violates the spirit of Doug's introductory post re bridging the divides that seem to separate the left. I invited your serious replies to my very legitimate concerns about left political strategies. Since you don't care to participate it seems that you can just ignore it and delete whatever you don't agree with rather than continuing to harangue on about how something isn't important to you. I invited your serious engagement with my queries and I'd still love to hear them because I do respect your position.

I joined the list and was encouraged by the Man himself to instigate some discussion about something other than economic and politics at the point of production. Good little worker bee that I am, I tried my best. GrrRl power and other Sundry topics were designed as just that: a thread that I'd hope would elicit the participation from those folks on the list who are interested in bridging the real politics v. cultural politics divide. It seems to have worked.

Rambling Rose