gay-bashing and class

William S. Lear rael at zopyra.com
Mon Oct 19 10:37:32 PDT 1998

On Sun, October 18, 1998 at 22:35:03 (-0400) Doug Henwood writes:
>[here's a very perverse take on the "it's class, not identity" argument]
>Gay man's murder reveals class schism
>Laramie, Wyo., divided between the haves, have-nots
>By Steven K. Paulson / Associated Press
> Still, he earned 21 merit badges to make Eagle Scout. ...

This is seen as a mitigating factor?? Don't the Scouts essentially preach God, family, heterosexuality, etc.?

Doug, do you really think this is a "class not identity" argument? I see it as something that might be written by someone who wanted to underline the *contribution* to heterosexist hatred from impoverishment and inequality.

Bill