Hi Prices & Flak for El Professor

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Oct 19 12:03:35 PDT 1998

> . . .
>Looking at Goble's video and photos, I became, as an American, all choked
up with gratitude, first at the fact that I do not live anywhere near the engineers' picnic site. But also, I was proud of my country for producing guys who can be ready to barbecue in less time than it take for guys in less-advanced nations, such as France, to spit. . . .

Absolutely. This reminds me of one of my personal heroes, recounted a year ago on PEN-L by Jim Devine. This guy rigged up a lawn chair with helium-filled balloons (lots of them) and took glorious flight. Getting down proved to be a problem, but what the hey.

MBS